Genius delayed in the wind
What a let down. My hope was that today I would be able to announce my winning of a small writing contest and be able to link and post what I wrote, and bask in all the glory. Instead, the website (which will not be named at this time), decided to wait another week for the contest I made a submission for. I would be annoyed, but in doing so I'd fear to make a hype about what amounts to nothing more than a submission to a brand new, low key website which hopes to be "The Onion meets the Daily Show."
With all do respect, I think right now, everything in comedy wants to be The Onion meets the Daily Show. None the less, here's to hoping I win when the results are posted next week, and also to hoping the site runs well and grows.
So, to make up for not having what I hoped to have... here's this:

Weee, look at him go. I'm really not sure where I got this little animation from, I've had it for years. I almost hope the original creator sees me posting it and contacts me. This little dude is way too entertaining, all things considered. Look at him, he's still going. Some girls might be attracted to him just for that.
Side-note: On the plus side, I finished my ideas page today. That is, the page I taped to the wall and scribbled on everytime I had a good idea is finally full with no more room to write stuff. And from this I learned three things:
1) Scotch tape affixed to a wall for a month and a half is hard to get off.
2) I have no fucking clue what I meant by "slide (grunt)." I swore I never wrote anything down when I was drunk.
And 3) I'm not sure what I should do with this now. File it away I guess. I'm afraid to edit it and even more afraid to cross out the stuff I think is just kinda stupid. Who knows when my or other people's sense of humor will change. For example, watch a Saturday Night Live from 20 years ago and watch a recent one. They're both about the same level of funny, but almost completely different in style, voice, and other nouns that could be used to make it seem like I know what I'm talking about.
I will however admit that one idea, namely to tie a six-pack to the back of my bike and slowly cruise around the dorms (I call it "trolling for freshman") just seems like fun.
1 Comments:
I love this little man!
Post a Comment
<< Home